My name is Rebecca Barrett and I am a movement teacher and soft-tissue therapist based North Wales.
I offer the following services from my clinic in Bangor and over Skype:
- Massage and Soft-tissue Therapy (Bangor only)
- Movement Instruction – using corrective exercise to increase strength, flexibility, mobility and stability.
- Bodywork Lessons – showing you how to use self-massage techniques to take care of your human machine.
- Workplace Wellness Consulting – helping organisations improve employee wellbeing.
- Dynamic Classrooms Consulting – working with teachers and schools to increase the amount of movement that children get throughout the day.
I hold a Level 5 Diploma in Sports Therapy from the Sports Therapy Institute and a Level 4 Diploma in Massage Therapy from the Massage Training Institute. In June, 2017 I expect to complete my Nutrition Advisor certification from the Natural Healthcare College. In 2018 I will qualify with the Nutritious Movement Centre as a Restorative Exercise Specialist.
Hobbies & Interests
I think the human body is absolutely fascinating. I love learning about how it works and using what I know to give the best possible treatments and advice to my clients. I believe that pain and injuries are complex and it is important to treat them holistically by getting to the root of the problem and not just treating the symptoms.
When I am not learning about bodies I like to use my own body to explore beautiful North Wales. I love to hike, climb and slackline. I also love food and can spend hours in the kitchen cooking with as many fresh, local ingredients as I can get my hands on!